Wednesday 2 April 2014

Baby wipes and JOFY

I've seen posts where baby wipes have been recycled for backgrounds or journal covers and thought great idea, but usually mine are pretty muddy post clean up so I've never gone any further with it.
However in the process of cleaning away fresco paint and primary elements pigment from the chunky ATC (that is still sitting in the corner of the craft table looking at me) I thought that looks like it would make quite a nice background when dry.


  ....yes I used a few baby wipes! So I chose a piece where there were 2 pale areas and looking through my stamps thought the JOFY 14 set looked perfect for the background stamped in black archival. I chose promarkers to colour as the wipe had a few areas where it had 'felted' with rubbing and I wanted the colour to dry quickly and not wick out. I've used distress inks on the background card and spritzed with water,



added a little rock candy stickles and some stitching to finish. 


I will enjoy making some more of these in DL format with the remaining wipes. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wow, wow, this looks amazing!!! LOVE it big time! I am usually not a big fan of JOFYs to be honest, but like this I absolutely adore the finished result!! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.