Monday 6 October 2014

' A Vintage Wedding'

One of my nieces got married recently and I thought I'd share the card I made for the happy couple with you. I had intended to CASE Pamellia's fabulous card here but I ended up making it whilst I was away and just used what I had.....couldn't sneak the cuttlebug in the packing!


Very shabby chic and not pristine white I know....but inspired by Finnabair's work and it's a favourite style of mine, I made a similar one for my daughters 21st.


I started with a background piece of white canvas paper used for acrylic paints and stamped some fine text ( TH mercantile) in tea dye....the only distress inkpad I had. The other supplies I managed to pick up were a piece of graphic 45 paper, which I've laid a piece of on top. I also picked up some buttons, paper roses, sequins and beads (all in the sale) and 2 pieces of ribbon/ lace. I've used masking tape, the reverse side of the paper and some homemade texture paste through a stencil. All glued down and distressed edges.


  A wash of paint. 


Then building up the layers, the hearts were cut out of card, lots of 'bits' added. I forgot I also picked up 2 small mdf letters.


The blend of colours were a bit of a challenge with grey, cream, white, brown and yellow all competing, some more painting was needed.


It was just waiting for some treasure gold when I returned home and the addition of the date printed out. Definitely looking shabby vintage now. A few close ups.




The happy couple went straight on honeymoon and I don't think have seen the card yet, but hopefully they will like it.


As always thanks for stopping by.

26 comments:

  1. STUNNING card Ruth, just stunning. Loved seeing how you put everything together & added the paint and layers. Am sure it will bring many happy moments when the newleyweds return home and see your keepsake.

    May i say Stunning again!!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW! This is unbelievably gorgeous!! I am honoured that you would want to CASE one of my cards Ruth, but this turned out way better!! It is so romantic with all of the tones of ivory and the bits of texture are just so perfectly placed! I just love all the details in the middle and the shimmer over everything! This is one of the best wedding cards I have ever seen! What an amazing memento for them to have! Stunning work Ruth! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks such a fabulous card Ruth and so much beautiful texture
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Ruth, this is completely STUNNING!!! I loved Pamelia's card, but honestly, I like yours even better! The colours are so subtle and the lay out is just fantastic, a new favourite for sure! LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only echo what other have said - this card is stunning and I can really see Finn's influence in there. The colour, the layering, the lace - all so perfect. I bet this took pride of place with the happy couple! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That should read - will take pride of place......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth this is so beautifully designed. You have captured a vintage feel to this perfectly and the warms shades of white and textures are all divine. A card to be framed and up on the wall for all to see. I'm sure the happy couple will adore and treasure this.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ruth this is such a stunning shabby vintage card, I love everything about it. I am sure the happy couple will treasure it for many years to come. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collage of different materials Ruth...
    greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Ruth stunning layout and fab texture.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Ruth, sorry we missed you at the weekend, are you going to Donny Dome?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely shabby chic creation

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Ruth, I'm sure the happy couple will love it. If it was mine I would frame it.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning romantic card, I;, sure the young couple will treasure this for a very long time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful mixed media project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beyond gorgeous Ruth, love it. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  17. As others have already said, Ruth, this is stunning! I love the monochromatic scheme and the soft vintage look. The happy couple will be thrilled with it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Utterly stunning! I'm sure they'll be bowled over by this on their return. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing card!! Gorgeous embellishment and great layers, I love the off white colours tone. Thank you for fab comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very elegant.. .I am sure she will cherish this for ever and ever... looks so very delicate and vintage love... great choices Ruth... Love, Light and peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG !!! this is breathtaking ... love the white on white and the yummy texture .. perfection plus ... sensational x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ruth, this has fabulous written all over it! I love the soft colours and gorgeous textures,... oh, it's just lovely! Big thumbs up! Hugs,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such great makes....a joy to look at Ruth!
    greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really stunning, Ruth - just beautiful - composition, elegance, textures, layers - love, love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh they are sure to love it Ruth. It's a stunner!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.