Thursday 10 July 2014

Stencils part 2

Back again! Following on from the previous post, I experimented a bit more with the watercolour stencil idea.


Slightly different inks this time...salty ocean, spiced marmalade and a little walnut stain. The first stencil is Lin Browns PS004 and as you can see you get slightly different effects depending on how you apply the ink and how much water you use. I like them both.


This is using the same inks but on glossy card stock and the bottom one is the second print.....subtle. When I had removed the stencil I stood the card on edge so the drips would run down and let them dry. The drips don't seem to run into the blank areas.


Keeping it very simple, just a stamped greeting added.......so I am entering this card in 2 challenges, the Sunday Stamper challenge which the theme this week is 'use a greeting' and I'm also entering it into the  Country View Crafts Challenge , which this month was chosen by Sue Carrington and the theme is 'Stencil It'..... do hop over and see the magic woven by Sue and the design team. 

 My final offering is this


A simple Thank you card...I used a rub on greeting (but don't look too close as I didn't apply it very well!) I've really enjoyed exploring this technique a bit more and they do make quick effective cards when you are in a rush.....Thanks for dropping by, I hope you'll drop by again soon....maybe tomorrow morning? I'll be sharing a project I am really thrilled about! x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Ruth,simple yet really effective,love it :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth! Thank you so much for your sweet comments! X
    Wow! This is cool! I must try it ;) your work is always so gorgeous! Very inspiring indeed! Thanks! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another big "yum" for these - such pretty colours and the watercolour effects are beautiful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, Ruth - isn't it a fun technique?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love them lots... interesting the drips don't run into the blank areas too... wonder if it is because the paper hasn't been wetted? Who knows, it looks fab whatever... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.