Wednesday 20 December 2017

Christmas Trees...

Hi everyone, the 20th, not long to go now and I'm more organised than usual (no everything is not done...but this year I might get the presents wrapped before midnight on am Christmas Eve!). I'm back again with a few more cards to share.
You may have noticed in my Christmas posts that I have a fondness for simple shapes or motifs and often use snowflakes, stars and trees...lots of trees. I usually cut a simple triangle shape or make a triangle shape with strips of paper, buttons etc.
I love Anneke De Clerck's style of cards and in particular these Christmas Tree card ideas here and here . If you hop across to her blog 'Some fiddling on the kitchen table' she has a section on the right of Christmas card ideas, well worth a look.


So I finally got to dabble with my Distress Oxide reinkers. I used some drops on a piece of cut and dry foam to ink up a stamp, spritzed and stamped...instant background, more spritzing as I dried them.


The stamp was a bargain stamp from at least 15 years ago, grey rubber unmounted not sure who made it but it looks a bit like the texture tread ones as there is a positive and negative to it. Not a Christmas theme but I thought it worked so well and got carried away with all the lovely distress colours.


I recently bought a Stamp-a-ma-jig and got the hang of it and now find I'm using it constantly for stamping perfectly positioned sentiments. Vellum scraps and enameled card bits were used up too...another plus!


Subtle second stamped backgrounds could support bright trees. 


Strips of white dots were brayered with different coloured fresco paints. I originally thought I'd be able to peel the dots off to use them but found they all had an edge of paint so ended up leaving them on the backing sheet which because it was non stick gave a lovely web effect. Love this purple one!


A little teal at Christmas.


More CAS style use of dots.


I found some metallic dots in Hobbycraft but intermixed them with some of the fresco painted dots and added glitter stickles...I have to add glitter, sparkle and metallics at Christmas...it just blings it all to life! 


On that note I'll sign off...enjoy the festivities! 

1 comment:

  1. a fabulous array of cards Ruth and each one unique x So good to use up scraps as well xx Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

    Hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete

It would be lovely to read any comments left, I really appreciate them all. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.